Covid-19 & Tour Safety
Covid-19 & Tour Safety
Rio Photo Tours responsibilities during Covid-19
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions to protect our participants, guides, and the communities we visit:
- Our guides are either vaccinated against Covid-19 or hold a certificate of previous COVID-19 infection.
- Our private tours (generally less than 3 participants) already help provide a safe environment to enjoy the tours – we will now also social distance whenever possible, keeping our customers away from other tours and crowds
- We will regularly disinfect common touchpoints in our vehicles (such as handles) with hospital-grade wipes, alcohol, or bleach-based cleaner
- We’ve also introduced a special cancellation and refund policy for our phototours to allow more flexibility.
Customers responsibilities during Covid-19
Keeping you safe for our photo tours. We ask all participants to comply with the following measures to ensure their safety and that of others:
- Do not attend a tour if you, or someone you have been in contact with, have had Covid-19 in the previous 14 days
- Before any tour provide one of the following:
- Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19
- Certificate of previous COVID-19 infection
- Advise your guide immediately if you are feeling unwell or start to exhibit symptoms during a tour, and follow any instructions they provide
- Have Travel Insurance in place in case of illness or an emergency – and while government travel restrictions and border entry rules can change at short notice, we highly recommend that your insurance includes Trip Cancellation coverage
- Bring a supply of face masks which are to be worn indoors, such as in shops and other service outlets
- Carry hand sanitizer with you and use it frequently
- Maintain a distance of at least 2-meters away from individuals who are not part of your photo tour
- Don’t touch other participants camera gear
- Adhere to all regulations, restrictions, and safety measures implemented by authorities in the region of travel
- Stay up to date on government travel restrictions for your country of destination, plus returning to your home country – rules can change with short notice regarding destination entry requirements, Covid-19 testing, and quarantine measures.